Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year - A New Start

Well, it's 2013.  So much happened last year!  I don't even know where to begin.  The major events include the birth of my 3rd child, and buying a house with my fiance for our family.

I attempted the 2012 Pagan Blog Project, but I'm afraid I was a miserable failure ;)  But I did enjoy reading posts by other participants, and made some new friends that way.  I also got my first taste of blogging, even if the PBP was a little too ambitious for me.

Funny enough, it's been 8 months, and we're still settling in to our new home.  We'll be getting the carpets cleaned this weekend, and then, hopefully, we can finalize some of the furniture and room arrangements that we've been putting off.  The baby is big enough to start sleeping in his own crib (sniff, sniff) but still in our room, which means we need to move our "office" into the spare room so we have room for it.

We also managed to adopt a new kitten.  She is the cutest little thing, but growing like a weed!  She must have been abandoned by her mama; we found her hiding in our backyard and just couldn't turn her out on her own again.  Add to that, we got saddled with two additional cats whose owners were going to dump them somewhere before moving out of state and being unable to take them along.  Since I couldn't stand the thought of 4 cats just being tossed out to fend for themselves, I took it upon myself to find them homes.  I got two rehomed, but the other two are proving more difficult to adopt out.

The kids started out this school year in public school: DB in 2nd grade and FP in Pre-K.  Fairy Princess was doing fine, except for a tendency to be extremely tired and cranky, even though she only went for a half-day.  Dragon Boy, on the other hand, was struggling - his grades were consistently going down and he was already in 2 resource classes.  With his Challenges, and my anxiety, we decided to resume homeschooling as of right now, after the holiday break from school.  Our Homeschool Adventure will begin again come Monday, Jan 7.

The baby (I'll have to come up with a nickname for him...) has been suffering from chronic ear infections for five months.  After two bouts of croup, and an almost constant URI, he'll be having tubes put into his ears in a week and a half.  Of course, I'm nervous about my 7mo old having surgery, but my older son had the same surgery and he's much better for it.  Then again, he was 2 1/2 when he had it done...

So plans for the new year include a successful homeschool adventure; getting my children well - and keeping them that way!; blogging a bit more regularly - though not trying to hold myself to any certain requirements; and, as always, enjoying life and being a mom to 3 wonderful kids.

Happy New Year!

-Xaia

No comments:

Post a Comment